Differin | Adapalene Gel 0.1 %, Acne Treatment, 0.5 oz (15 g)
- Previously Available Only by Prescription
- FDA Approved
- Dermatologist Developed
- Once Daily Topical Retinoid*
- Oil Free
- Fragrance Free
- Dermatologist Developed and Tested
- Nestle Skin Health
First FDA-approved over-the-counter topical retinoid* for acne treatment.
Use: For the treatment of acne
Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- Use once daily
- Clean the skin gently and pat dry before applying the product
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer. For example, if your acne is on the face, apply the product to the entire face.
- Do not use more than one time a day. Applying more than directed will not provide faster or better results, but may worsen skin irritation.
Children under 12 years of age: Ask a doctor
For external use only.
Do not use
- On damaged skin (cuts, abrasions, eczema, sunburn)
- If you are allergic to adapalene or any of the ingredients in this product.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a doctor before use.
When using this product
- Limit sun exposure, including light from tanning beds, and use sunscreen when going outdoors
- Do not wax to remove hair in areas where the product has been applied
- During the early weeks of use, your acne may appear to worsen before it improves (this is normal); continue using as directed, unless you get irritation that becomes severe
- Irritation (redness, itching, dryness, burning) is more likely to occur:
- In the first few weeks of use
- If using more than one topical acne medication at a time
- But irritation usually lessens with continued use of this product
- It may take up to 3 months of once daily use to see results
- Avoid product contact with eyes, lips, and mouth. If contact occurs, immediately flush the area with water
- Wash hands after use
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- You become pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant, while using this product
- You have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as itching, rash, hives, swelling of the lips, eyelids, and shortness of breath)
- Irritation becomes severe
- You see no improvement after 3 months of once daily use
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- Store at room temperature 68º-77º F
- Protect from freezing
|Adapalene 0.1% (retinoid)*||Acne treatment|
Inactive ingredients: carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.
May contain hydrochloric acid to adjust pH.
|*read consumer information leaflet|